Do you want to create your own professional WordPress website? This article explains how to make a WordPress website in minutes!
What is WordPress?
Steps on how to make a WordPress website
- Get a web hosting service, Bluehost is the most popular
- Choose a domain name that best fits your website
- Download WordPress on the website
- Create your own account
- Install and activate a page builder, we recommend Elementor Pro
- Install a theme, Divi and Astra is the most popular
- Import a complete starter site
- Edit a page
- Edit/create a post
1. Get a web hosting service for your website
Choosing a web hosting service can be difficult, because there are millions. We recommend Bluehost and will show you exactly how to get started.
Click here to get Bluehost. In this tutorial, I am going to show you how to get started with Bluehost
2. Choose a domain that best fits your website
Choose the domain that has not been taken and best describes what your website is about.
Use domain wheel to see if your domain is available. Domain wheel gives you a list of the domains that has not been taken yet.
Sign up with Bluehost and enter your domain.
3. Download WordPress on your website
Go over to my sites and then click create site for Bluehost to install WordPress for you. All you need to do is give them the username and password and you are ready to go!
4. Log in to your website
5. Install and activate Elementor
Elementor is the most popular page builder by far. A page builder provides a lot of elements that you can use on your website.
Hover over plugins on the left hand side of your dashboard and click add new. Search for Elementor and click install now. After installing Elementor, click activate.
You can also install Elementor pro, which has a lot more features than the free version of Elementor.
6. Install a theme
The top themes are Divi and Astra. Go back to your dashboard and hover over appearances, click themes and then “add new” and search for “Astra” .
For this example I will use Astra’s free version.
7. Import a complete starter site
Click on the Astra theme image as shown above. You will see Customize, widgets, menus, starter templates etc. Click on starter templates. Choose the most applicable template for your business, and click “Import Complete Site”. All the Starter sites are compatible with the Elementor Page Builder.